Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to footer

 Licensing, Trademarks, and Brands

This page is designed to assist those who wish to learn more about licensing and to explain the licensing process. The Belmont Athletics Department, in cooperation with the Affinity Licensing, administers the licensing program.”

Become a Licensed Vendor

Belmont Style Guide

Belmont University uses Affinity Licensing as its primary licensing agent. Affinity is committed to being the most innovative, compassionate and results-oriented licensing agency in the industry. They are responsible for administering the licensing program, including processing applications, collecting royalties, enforcing trademarks and pursuing new market opportunities for the University.

For more information on Affinity’s resources and services, as well as applications for becoming a licensed vendor of Belmont University please contact Affinity directly:


Brian Eubanks
Director of University Partnerships
P: 336-486-3503


Frequently Asked Questions


What qualifies as a trademark?
Any mark, logo, symbol, nickname, letter(s), word(s) or combination of these that can be associated with the athletics department qualifies as a trademark.

What are the registered marks for Belmont University?
For a complete overview of Belmont University's registered marks, please view the Official Style Guide (PDF)

Why have a licensing program?
A trademark licensing program gives the University control over its logos and marks, thus, ensuring the quality and consistency of all of the University's merchandise. It also enables the University to generate revenue from the sale of merchandise bearing its logos and marks. The revenue is used to support and enhance many programs campus wide. Outside of the University, the trademark licensing program creates a cooperative and positive working relationship with the manufacturers and retailers who work with the University.

What products can be licensed?
Students, alumni and fans generate many great ideas for new University products. Products will be considered and must be approved by the University's Office of Trademark Licensing. This ensures all products associated with the University are of high quality and good taste and ensures the non-approval of potentially hazardous items.

Who needs a license?
Anyone wishing to use the marks, logos and symbols of the University must obtain a license.