MISSION AND VALUES STATEMENT
Belmont University's intercollegiate athletic program enhances
campus life, promotes Belmont University and provides meaningful
educational experiences for student-athletes in a student-centered
Christian community. This community challenges student-athletes
from diverse backgrounds physically, intellectually and spiritually
and enables them to engage and transform the world. Belmont
Athletics accomplishes this mission by:
- Promoting character development, leadership qualities,
sportsmanship and academic excellence in our student-athletes.
- Employing coaches and staff members who exhibit and promote
high standards of integrity and ethical behavior, including good
sportsmanship and a desire to assist student-athletes in reaching
their academic and athletic potential.
- Supporting equitable opportunity for its coaches, staff and
student-athletes, regardless of gender or ethnicity.
- Promoting academic integrity by recruiting student-athletes who
are capable of success in the university's academic program,
providing academic support and student development opportunities
and effectively integrating student-athletes into the student
- Complying with and following the principle of institutional
control in operating its athletics program in a manner that is
consistent with the letter and the spirit of the NCAA, the
conference and the university rules and regulations.
- Producing the best athletic teams possible to compete in NCAA
- Providing facilities, scholarships and program enhancements
essential for the coaches to recruit and teach, and the athletes to
train and compete.
As a community seeking to uphold Christian standards of morality
and ethics, Belmont Athletics holds high ideals and expectations of
each member of the athletic community. In upholding these
ideals, Belmont Athletics proclaims these values:
- mutual respect and collaboration
- the worth of the individual
- personal integrity
- critical, independent thinking
- self control
- community responsibility and accountability