- NEW!! Download the Bruin Rewards app for FREE! App Store | Google Play
- Join the MOB on Facebook
- Follow the MOB on Twitter
- See MOB images on Instagram
- Sign up for the MOB Memo E-newsletter - Join our list
Belmont Bruins Head Basketball Coach, Rick Byrd calls the M.O.B. the "best student section in the OVC" at the 2015 NCAA Tournament Selection Show Watch Party. See for yourself!
From its inception in 1988 as the `BaCMO' (Belmont College Motivation Organization) to its renascence in 2001 as `The MOB' (Motivational Organization of Belmont), the Bruins now enjoy one of the most loyal and vocally intimidating student sections in the nation.
The brainchild of Belmont loyalist David Fish, The MOB inspires and motivates the entire Bruin program. Moreover, it has quickly become the signature piece of Belmont's decided home court edge. A membership group back then, the organization boasted over 1,000 MOBsters in the mid 2000's. Once nothing more than a few die-hard college basketball fans, now the MOB is a force to be reckoned with. Visitors beware.
Case in point, since the inaugural 2003-04 season in the Curb Event Center, Belmont men's basketball is 158-25, winning 86.4% of their home games! Those 158 wins represent the most home court wins in the Atlantic Sun Conference and Ohio Valley Conference over that span. Moreover, the Bruins are an astounding 114-13 (.898 winning percentage) in league games at the Curb Event Center. Furthermore, the women's basketball team has gone undefeated in the Curb for the past 2 seasons. Simply put, the MOB has contributed to a strong home-court advantage for over 13 years.
Now under the leadership of the MOB Council (a small group of incredibly loyal Belmont students), the MOB looks to continue its remarkable growth from the past decade. A shift took place as of 2013 and the MOB now is an all-inclusive representation of all students who attend and support the Bruins. By coming to games, you're a part of the MOB! Through all these years, it is still an unquestioned part of the campus social landscape.
The group is open to ALL students at Belmont, both undergraduate and graduate.
- MOB Memos - Weekly e-newsletter
- MOB gift
- Pre-game tailgates
- Priority tickets for Battle of the Boulevard, OVC Tournament and NCAA Tournament
ATHLETICS GAME DAY PROMOTIONS
- An exclusive, exciting incentive-based program for Belmont students
- Download the app by searching 'Bruin Rewards' in the App Store or Google Play
- Build your User Profile and click on Events to see upcoming games and matches
- Attend games and Check-In to accumulate points, then share your check-in on social for bonus points
- The more points you earn, the more prizes you unlock!
- Share/Like/Retweet in Social to earn bonus points
- Redeem your points for prizes at all home volleyball matches, women's basketball games and weekly in the Caf and BSLC at designated times.
- Click here to learn more about how your group, club, residence hall, apartment complex, organization or team can take advantage of some amazing incentives.
- One Belmont student will be selected to take a half-court shot during a timeout at home basketball games
- Make the shot and win a semester of tuition!
- A Belmont freshman class tradition! View the 2016 FOTF high-five line HERE.
- The event features a pre-game pep rally & tailgate in the Beaman Lobby, followed by a lining of the basketball court to welcome in the Bruins at their first home game of the season
- Belmont students that attend the most home basketball games may be selected to travel with the Bruins to the NCAA Tournament
- Attend more games for your chance to win!