From its inception in 1988 as the `BaCMO' (Belmont College Motivation Organization) to its renascence in 2001 as `The MOB' (Motivational Organization of Belmont), the Bruins now enjoy one of the most loyal and vocally intimidating student sections in the nation.
The brainchild of Belmont loyalist David Fish, The MOB inspires and motivates the entire Bruin program. Moreover, it has quickly become the signature piece of Belmont's decided home court edge.
Case in point, Men’s Basketball is 97-20 at home over the past nine seasons.
Now under the leadership of the Sports Entertainment Production Team, the MOB looks to continue its remarkable growth from the past decade. At over 500 "Mobsters" and counting, the organization is an unquestioned part of the campus social landscape.
Once nothing more than a few die-hard college basketball fans, now the MOB is a force to be reckoned with. Visitors beware.
The group is open to ALL students at Belmont, both undergraduate and graduate. Membership lasts through July of each year, and must be renewed from year to year.
- MOB gift
- Restaurant discount card
- Pre-game tailgates
- Priority tickets for Battle of the Boulevard, OVC Tournament and NCAA Tournament
Join the MOB on Facebook
Follow the MOB on Twitter
BASKETBALL GAME DAY PROMOTIONS
- One lucky Belmont student will win a 3-song EP at Ocean Way Nashville, using professional engineers and a professional producer
- The prize package includes 1 day for tracking; 2 days for instrumental, vocal and background vocal overdubs; and 2 days for editing and mixing
- To qualify for the prize drawing, students must attend a minimum of six (6) home basketball games during the season
- All men’s and women’s home basketball games qualify for the promotion
- Attend more games to improve your chance to win!
- One lucky MOB member will be selected as the Fan of the Game, and will win a prize from the MOB’s sponsor
- One Belmont student will be selected to take a half-court shot during a timeout at home basketball games
- Make the shot and win a semester of tuition!
- A Belmont freshman class tradition!
- The event features a pre-game pep rally & tailgate in the Beaman Lobby, followed by a lining of the basketball court to welcome in the Bruins at their first home game of the season
- Belmont students that attend the most home basketball games may be selected to travel with the Bruins to the NCAA Tournament
- Attend more games for your chance to win!